Who We Support
Spudrocket feels good about sponsoring and volunteering with local community groups, and national and international charities. Such as:
- Kiva, by donating to people to buy more stock for their shops, cows for their dairies or help pay for the education in all sorts of places around the world. (www.kiva.org)
- Medecins Sans Frontieres Field Partner, by way of a monthly donation. As an MSF Field Partner we are helping men, women and children living in extreme circumstances around the world. (www.msf.org.au)
- Royal Zoological Society of South Australia through their Animal Adoption program. Spudrocket is the proud adopted parent of a White Rhinoceros at Monarto Zoo. (monartozoo.com.au)
- In 2007, 2008 and 2009 the Christmas gift on our clients behalf was a donation to CARE Australia (www.caregifts.org.au).
- KOTO ‘know one, teach one’ project which is a welfare and education program for Vietnamese young adults who are forced to work the streets of Hanoi selling postcards or trinkets to tourists to support their family. Natalie visited Vietnam in 2006, and visited the KOTO Restaurant in Hanoi and meet some of the fortunate and very grateful young adults that this fantastic organisation has helped. Spudrocket is supporting one person through their training program for 2 years. (www.koto.com.au)
- Natalie has been a volunteer with the Australian Refugee Association Inc. She supported a Sudanese family by helping with basic English, socialising and life skills through the Family Care program. (www.ausref.net)